Training for Journalist: The Right to Information on Electoral Financing Entities
AIS as a promoter of Open Data Albania, with the wish in enhancing civil society-media partnership, held on May 9, 2015 in Tirana the training entitled: The Right to Information on Election Financing entities. Part of the Money, Governments and Politics project. Journalists and civil activists have an important role in the process of transparency of Election Financing, a right clearly determined by Constitution. The training aimed to enable media representatives and increase legal knowledge on electoral funding. During the event discussion raised problems encountered by legal experts, analysts, political and investigative journalists, on financing of political parties and candidates, the electoral law and electoral expenditure.
Program as follows:
▪ 09:30 – 10:00 Welcome & Registration on participants: Besjana HYSA Program Coordinator and Aurora SULCE Moderator.
▪ 10:00 – 11.00 Viktor GUMI, Legal Expert. Overview of Political Parties and candidates financed
Question and Comments regarding Legal predictions and general issues of entity financing
▪ 11:00 – 11:20 Olta BEGU, Analyst for Open Data Albania. Open Data about electoral source of funds. Illustrations from Electoral Spending Albania.
▪ 11:20 – 12:00 Questions and Discussions: The right to information on electoral financing entities. Law and Practice
▪ 12:00 – 12: 20 Aranita BRAHAJ – Transparency through Data, Novelty 2015 via MG&Politics program
▪ 12:20 – 12:40 Conclusions Aurora Sulce – Journalist role in fostering transparency, Olta Begu –Institutional competence in auditing and control
Data about registered journalists
- Gender Ratio: 8 men, 22 women, 24 Media agencies represented.
- 83% of participant were journalist with more than 7 years’ experience in media
- 15 of participants works on Visual Media, 1 in Radio, 10 in newspapers, 3 on news agency and 1 in a press office.
- 5 journalist were representatives of National Television
- Registered participants representatives of Radio, TV and Public Information Agencies
- Registered participants, journalists from newspaper of the two most important political parties, Rilindja Demokratike and Zëri i Popullit.
Spokesperson of the Central Election Commission was also present at the training with journalist
Participants in the Training
|Aurora||SULCE||Tv “Ora News”|
|Aurora||MURA||Zëri i Popullit|
|Eriselda||Martini||Albanian Screen TV|