Position: Open Data Analyst.
Programme: Open Data, Access and Transparency over sectors exposed to Risk of corruption.
Under: Project Director
Salary: Monthly net total salary, plus mandatory share of contributions for employer and employee, plus salary tax, is planned 900 Euros.
Publication Date: 09/02/2022
Deadline for application: 09 March 2022.
AIS, an organization a committed to transparency, accountability, good governance and anticorruption, is implementing programmes in the above-mentioned areas. With a view to preparing data analysis on public spending, national economy performance, tenders and other social economic data, the organization is looking for two Data Analysts.
Job description. The Data Analyst must carefully follow the developments related to public sectors through the organization databases and other institutional databases. Compiles statistical evidence on indicators illustrating the development and performance of the economy and development in the country. Based on evidence, he/she drafts research articles that help the public understand and raise the public awareness of issues of public interest. The articles should be in a simple language and visualized, making information easy to understand.
The commitment can be on part-time full-time basis and depends on the evaluation of his/her productivity and subject to agreement with the selected candidate. In any case, remuneration shall be made according to the number of articles published per month. The project lasts 3 years. The work may also be done remotely, but the selected candidate(s) shall be required to spend at least 20% of their time of engagement in the project office. The Data Group for every article or group of articles will be identified in co-operation with the Project Director and the Public Relations Officer. The analyst will co-operate with the Database Developer to enable the creation of visualizations according to relevance, and with purposes of ensuring the clarity of information.
- University Diploma, preferably in Economics, and Justice.
- At least 3 years of previous work experience in a position relevant to economic and statistical management, and research.
- Good analyzing skills.
- Knowledge of research and logical evaluation techniques.
- Good articulation and drafting skills; economic use of words; good use of simple definitions to make articles easy to understand.
- Knowledgeable about international databases for economic factors and indicators.
- Eager to get deeper into research and research every day.
- User of the main computer software.
In addition to meeting the job technical requirements, candidates must be people of integrity and enthusiastic about issues related to information and awareness.
Candidates must submit their CV to [email protected]. The CV should contain information about the university education, professional experience and the requirements for the position. The CV should be accompanied by a paragraph containing references to previous work experience. The candidates selected based on their CV will be invited for an interview. The organization shall have the right to a two-week probation period based on practical tasks before confirmation of appointment.
Terms of Reference:
- Follow carefully statistical publications in local and international databases.
- Propose topics for statistical analysis and present arguments about the importance of indicators and assessment methodology.
- Map tables of aggregated and comparative data.
- Draft research articles and the final article following comments and notes of the project director or the assigned expert.
- Carefully check the data source, narrative descriptions, and visualizations.
- Identifies the impact of the article following its publication, as well as the impact of potential comments.
- Co-operate with colleagues (designer, website maintainer, Albanian-English translator) for as a good and clear version for publication as possible.
- Participates regularly in the working group meetings.
- Meets deadlines and criteria for publication.
- Is periodically informed about the organization’s activities and their results.
- Performs his duties by being physically present in the office or remotely. However, he/she is required to spend at least 20% of the time of engagement in the office, and the payment shall be made according to the number of articles finalized into publication.
The CV is required in Albanian, and should be as simple as possible, and not in any certain forms or standards. Candidates are expected to send their CVs to [email protected] before 09 March 2022, with the subject: CV application for Open Data Analyst.