Please find below an update on Albania’s situation with Covid-19, for the week 18.10.2021- 24.10.2021, which AIS / Open Data Albania is providing. Find Data and Charts on Covid-19 updated on a daily basis at https://open.data.al/covid-19/
As per the last public statement, the number of Vaccinated in the country is:
– Complete vaccination with 2 doses 871 496 Persons
– Vaccination with the First Dose 994 446 Persons
– In Percentage, it results that 30.79 % of the Population is Fully Vaccinated.
– In Percentage, it results that 36.89 % of the Population above 15 years is Fully Vaccinated.
The Albanian state has so far applied Vaccination with AstraZeneca; Pfizer BioNTech; Sinovac CoronaVac; Gamaleya – Sputnik V. (Linked all documents of our Government for Vaccine Administration https://openprocurement.al/en/htender/covid/title/KONTRAKTIME%20VAKSINIM%20COV-2? )
Indicators as of October 24th, 2021, Infections, Hospitalizations and Fatalities:
– New Cases for 18th – 24th October 3 725
– People Testes 18th – 24th October 23 955
– Number of Fatalities for last week, 18th – 24th October – 54 (Increase from same week 18th – 24th October of prior year.)
– Number of active cases on 24th October 2021 – 7 032
– Hospitalization 24th October 2021 – 164 (Reduction from same day 24th October of prior year.)
– Total Number of Fatalities 2 874
– Total Number of Infected People 181 696
– Number of recovered patients (18th – 24th October) 2 907
– Infected Number / Tested Number for 18th – 24th October – 15.5% (Increase from prior week)
– Fatalities/Infected Ratio for 18th – 24th October – 1.45% (Reduction as prior week)
– Hospitalized /Active cases as per 24th October 2021 – 2.33% (Reduction from prior week)
– Total Population of Albania 2 829 741.
– Population above 15 years 2 362 375.
The same week, 18th – 24th October, last year (18th – 24th October, 2020) there were: 23 deaths, comparing to that for the same week we have 31 more deaths in 2021. (This year we have an increase from same week prior year)
A total of 973 new cases and 5886 tests for (18th – 24th October, 2020). (This year we have an increase from same week prior year)
Active on the 24th October were 5312 people (18th – 24th October, 2020). (This year we have an increase from same week prior year)
186 people were hospitalized on the 24th October 2020. (This year we have a reduction from same day prior year)
Fatalities/Infected Ratio for 18th – 24th October 2020= 24/1114*100=2.36% (This year we have a reduction from same week prior year)
We see that there is generally an ascending trend from last year.
In the portal created by AIS https://open.data.al/covid-19/ the data for Covid -19 are being updated daily. You will receive a weekly update on Covid 19, Vaccinations, Infections, Hospitalizations, and Fatalities in the coming weeks.
AIS databases, #Information, #Transparency, and #Accountability
– Open Procurement Albania all Covid-19 Contracting https://openprocurement.al/sq/htender/covid
– Open Data Albania #FollowTheMoney https://ndiqparate.al/en/10789-2/
– Open Spending Albania https://spending.data.al/en
– Open Corporates Albania https://opencorporates.al/